Michael is the son of Charles and Else Akinde. These days he lives in Norway, with his wife and two sons.
Database Specialist, Meteorological Institute, Norway (met.no) 08/2006 – today
Database Specialist, Swedish Meteorological and Hydrological Institute (SMHI) 03/2002 – 08/2007
Assistant Lecturer, Department of Computer Science, Aalborg University 09/2001 – 08/2002
Assistant Researcher, Department of Computer Science, Aalborg University 08/2001 – 08/2001
Visiting Researcher, AT&T Labs Research, New Jersey, USA 02/2000 – 08/2000
Assistant Teacher, Department of Computer Science, Aalborg University 09/1997 – 01/1998
Systems Adminstrator, Tjeck Magazine/Dansk Magasin Produktion, Aps 03/1995 – 11/1997
Ph.D. Computer Science, Aalborg University 08/1998 – 02/2003 Supervisor: Prof. Michael H. Böhlen Topic: Complex and Distributed On-line Analytical Processing
M.Sc. in Software Engineering, Aalborg University 09/1993 – 06/1998 Thesis:Maintenance and Computation of Complex Aggregate Views
On Database Technology Books Michael O. Akinde. “Complex and Distributed On-line Analytical Processing”. February 2003. Articles
- Michael Akinde, Michael Böhlen, Theodore Johnson, Laks V. S. Lakshmanan, and Divesh Srivastava. “Efficient OLAP Query Processing in Distributed Data Warehouses”. In Information Systems, 28(1), 25 pages, February 2003. Extended version of the EDBT’2002 paper.
- Michael Akinde, Michael Böhlen, Theodore Johnson, Laks V. S. Lakshmanan, and Divesh Srivastava. “Efficient OLAP Query Processing in Distributed Data Warehouses”. In Advances in Database Technology – EDBT’02, 8th International Conference on Extending Database Technology, Prague, Czech Republic, pages 336-353, March 2002.
- Michael Akinde and Michael Böhlen “Generalized MD-joins: Evaluation and Reduction to SQL” In Databases in Telecommunications II, International Workshop Co-located with VLDB-2001, Rome, Italy, pages 52-67, September 2001 (LCNS 2209)
- Damianos Chatziantoniou, Michael Akinde, Theodore Johnson, and Samuel Kim “The MD-join : An Operator for Complex OLAP” In Proceedings of the 17th International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE’2001), Heidelberg, Germany, pages 524-533, April 2001
- Michael O. Akinde and Michael H. Böhlen “Constructing GPSJ View Graphs” In Proceedings of the Workshop on Design and Management of Data Warehouses (DMDW’99) at CAISE*99, Heidelberg, Germany, pages 8-1 – 8-12, June 1999
- Michael O. Akinde, Ole G. Jensen, and Michael H. Böhlen “Minimizing Detail Data in Data Warehouses”. In Advances in Database Technology – EDBT’98, 6th International Conference on Extending Database Technology, Valencia, Spain, March, 1998, pp. 293–307.
- Michael O. Akinde and Ole G. Jensen “Maintenance and Computation of Complex Aggregate Views”. Masters Thesis, Aalborg University, June 1998. Supervisor: Michael H. Böhlen.
- Michael O. Akinde, Ole G. Jensen, and Michael H. Böhlen “Minimizing Detail Data in Data Warehouses”. Technical Report R-98-5002, Department of Computer Science, Aalborg University, February 1998. Extended version of EDBT’98 paper.
- Michael O. Akinde, Olav B. Jensen, Ole G. Jensen, Kaspar Lundsby, and Lennarth R. Mathiassen “The AIQ Agent — A layered multi-agent architecture for dynamic, inaccessible and stochastic environments”. DAT5 Report, Aalborg University, January 1998. Supervisor: Uffe Kjaerulff.
- Michael O. Akinde. “Gaius Julius Caesar”.
- Michael O. Akinde. “Publius Cornelius Scipio Africanus”.
- Michael O. Akinde “The Reason Why – A survey of 10 years of doping and innuendo, 1997 – 2006”. Published in the Daily Peloton, 27 October, 2006.
- Michael O. Akinde “Cycling’s Winter of Discontent”. Published in the Daily Peloton, 27 October, 2006.
Apart from my vocation (software engineering and databases), my interests are Ancient History (particularly that of ancient Rome), reading and writing, wargaming, wargames design (and artificial intelligence), and Latin dancing (Salsa and Tango). Salsa Dancing
- Östergötlands Salsaförening The official home page of Östergötlands Salsaförening. I founded the organization in 2003, and was chairperson from 2003 to 2006.
- Aalborg Salsaforening The official home page of the Aalborg Salsa Forening. I was a founding member.
- IvanBasso.net This is the archive of IvanBasso.net, the unofficial fan site that I administrated for a time.
- Scenarios Being an avid strategy gamer, I’ve naturally attempted my hand at designing scenarios for a couple of my favourite games.
- Simulating Artificial Intelligence in MUDs My seventh semester project was concerned with decision support systems, in particular the use of bayesian networks/inference trees to simulate artificial intelligence. We developed the AIModule, an external program which provides simple artificial intelligence for creatures in a MUD. It was intended for use with the now defunct Evie Project.
- CM Superligaen The Danish after-action report (AAR) of an internet game of Championship Manager 3 that I participated in 1999. Great fun (at least to participate in).